The Louisiana chapter is comprised of Americans from all walks of life who support a common sense, bipartisan, solution to fix the debt. If you are interested in being involved in the citizen's steering committee or volunteering with the Louisiana chapter, please contact us at volunteer [@] fixthedebt.org.
About the Campaign
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is a non-partisan movement to put America on a better fiscal and economic path. We come together from a variety of social, economic and political perspectives, around the common belief that America's growing federal debt threatens our future and that we must address it. The Campaign will mobilize key communities-including leaders from business, government, and policy-and people all across America who want to see elected officials step up to solve our nation's fiscal challenges.
Recognizing that the time for action is now, the Campaign will work in Washington, DC and around the country to educate people on the need for a comprehensive plan to fix our long-term debt and deficits. In our history, America has always been able to tackle its greatest challenges -- we are confident we can rise to the occasion again.
Find out more:
State Chapter Steering Committee Members
- Mitch Landrieu, Mayor, New Orleans
Steering Committee Members
- Jim McCrery, former U.S. Representative (LA-4)
- Jackie Clarkson, President, New Orleans City Council; former State Representative (D)
- Michael Olivier, CEO, Louisiana Committee of 100 for Economic Development, Inc.
- Herschel Abbott, former President, BellSouth-Louisiana
- Paul Flower, President & CEO, Woodward Design + Build
- Ben Johnson, CEO, New Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Randy Roach, Mayor, City of Lake Charles
- J. Bennett Johnston, former U.S. Senator (D-LA)
- Brad Fortier, President, Fortier Financial; Certified Financial Planner; Certified Estate Planner
- Kip Holden, Mayor, City of Baton Rouge
- Dominik Knoll, CEO, World Trade Center New Orleans
- JP Morrell, State Senator (D-LA)
- Walt Leger III, State Senator (D-LA)
- Pat Denechaud, CEO, Crescent City Consultants
- Dottie Belletto, Owner, New Orleans Convention Company, Inc.
- Glen Smith, CEO, Magnolia Holdings
- Barry Kern, President & CEO, Kern Studios and Mardi Gras World
- Hyram Copeland, Mayor, City of Vidalia
- Glenda McKinley, President, GMC Advertising
- Robert Savoie, Associate, McGlinchey Stafford Law Firm
- Al Herrera, Vice President, IPS Corporation
- Cleveland Spears, President, Spears Consulting Group
- Denise A. Estopinal, Owner, The Estopinal Group
- Gary Smith, Jr., State Senator (D-LA)
- Bob Tucker, President, Green Pastures Unlimited, LLC
- Iam Tucker, CEO, Integrated Logistical Support Incorporated
- Jared Brossett, State Representative (D-LA)
- John Young, Parish President, Jefferson Parish
- Bobby Savoie, CEO, Geocent Defense Technology
- Joni Friedmann, Owner & CEO, Dependable Care
- Danny Martiny, State Senator, (R-LA)
- James Burland, Principal Attorney, Burland and Associates
- Randal Johnson, Partner, Southern Strategy Group
- Randy Hayden, Executive Director, Louisiana Propane Gas Association
- Michel Claudet, President, Terrebone Parish
- Demetric Mercadel, Senior Associate Analyst, Entergy New Orleans, Inc.