Our leaders in Washington have essentially resigned themselves to allowing sequestration to take effect on Friday. The Senate plans votes Thursday on Democratic and Republican alternatives, but neither is expected to pass. President Obama will meet with congressional leaders on Friday after the deadline has passed.
With the sequester set to take effect, it is helpful to know more about what it will do. Fix the Debt has some resources here.
Also check out more resources from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- Millennial Student Group Issues Challenge for Generation: Get Educated on… 07/25/2014
- Most Optimistic Scenario Is Debt at Twice the Historical Average 07/24/2014
- Two Years of Progress, but Still Work to Do 07/17/2014
- CRFB Paper, BPC Panels Agree Budget Act Needs a Tune-Up 07/16/2014
- CBO Looks at the Long Term 07/15/2014