On Friday over 700 Microsoft employees attended a town hall meeting with Fix the Debt Co-Founder Erskine Bowles. Bowles described the debt situation and what Fix the Debt is all about.
Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith joined Bowles at the event and also penned a blog post stating,
“The national debt is one of the most serious fiscal issues facing the United States today. It threatens to undermine our nation’s economic growth and competitiveness. The challenge is real and immediate, and it is essential that we come together as a nation to address this issue in a bi-partisan manner.”
Watch video of the event here.
- Two Years of Progress, but Still Work to Do 07/17/2014
- CRFB Paper, BPC Panels Agree Budget Act Needs a Tune-Up 07/16/2014
- CBO Looks at the Long Term 07/15/2014
- How the National Debt Affects You 07/10/2014
- Low on Time, Stakes are High 07/08/2014