On Friday over 700 Microsoft employees attended a town hall meeting with Fix the Debt Co-Founder Erskine Bowles. Bowles described the debt situation and what Fix the Debt is all about.
Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith joined Bowles at the event and also penned a blog post stating,
“The national debt is one of the most serious fiscal issues facing the United States today. It threatens to undermine our nation’s economic growth and competitiveness. The challenge is real and immediate, and it is essential that we come together as a nation to address this issue in a bi-partisan manner.”
Watch video of the event here.
- The Other Deadline 04/16/2014
- Congress Needs an Extension on Tax Reform 04/15/2014
- New Budget Numbers Tell the Same Story, We Still Need… 04/14/2014
- Lots of Budget Plans, But Little Agreement on A Way… 04/14/2014
- Citizen Leaders Raise Their Voices 04/08/2014