On Friday over 700 Microsoft employees attended a town hall meeting with Fix the Debt Co-Founder Erskine Bowles. Bowles described the debt situation and what Fix the Debt is all about.
Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith joined Bowles at the event and also penned a blog post stating,
“The national debt is one of the most serious fiscal issues facing the United States today. It threatens to undermine our nation’s economic growth and competitiveness. The challenge is real and immediate, and it is essential that we come together as a nation to address this issue in a bi-partisan manner.”
Watch video of the event here.
- Five Things to Know About the Deficit and Debt Situation 05/22/2013
- Debt Ceiling Reached Yet Again, Washington Prefers to Sweep it… 05/20/2013
- CBO Scores President’s Budget 05/17/2013
- Debt Ceiling Coming Off Suspension 05/17/2013
- New Report Shows Short-Term Gains, But Long-Term Debt Problems Remain 05/15/2013