At least the “meeting” part is happening.
Congress returns to work on Tuesday and getting a credible deal to replace the fiscal cliff is at the top of the agenda. With the election out of the way, policymakers on both sides are talking about the need to compromise.
Efforts to find middle ground begin in earnest this week. President Obama has separate White House meetings with labor, business, civic and congressional leaders.
Fix the Debt is also reaching out to a broad range of groups. Learn more about our constantly growing partner network here.
Our outreach to individuals also continues at a rapid pace. Last week we surpassed the 300,000 signature mark for our Citizen’s Petition to Fix the Debt.
There definitely is lots of support for policymakers working together. Will they meet expectations?
- The Other Deadline 04/16/2014
- Congress Needs an Extension on Tax Reform 04/15/2014
- New Budget Numbers Tell the Same Story, We Still Need… 04/14/2014
- Lots of Budget Plans, But Little Agreement on A Way… 04/14/2014
- Citizen Leaders Raise Their Voices 04/08/2014