Fix the Debt’s Maya MacGuineas joined former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-WY), Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID) and Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID) at the University Of Idaho for the McClure Center Symposium on Federal Fiscal Issues on February 19 for a program that was produced by Idaho Public Television.
Much of the discussion focused on the upcoming sequestration and how it is not the best way to address the national debt. There was also a frank discussion on the need for compromise on a comprehensive approach that deals with all parts of the budget.
Watch the program for a better understanding of the sequester and what needs to be done to put the U.S. on a better budget path.
- The Party’s Over 03/05/2014
- President’s Fiscal Year 2015 Budget, the Good and the Bad 03/05/2014
- White House Budget; What Should Be In It? 03/03/2014
- New Plan Moves Tax Reform Forward 02/26/2014
- Retreating on Military Retirement Reform 02/25/2014