This morning the Fix the Debt Campaign hosted its first “Washington Debtfast,” an informal gathering of individuals and organizations from across the political spectrum who are stakeholders in the ongoing debate about the country’s fiscal future. Budget experts and advocates from a variety of backgrounds filled the room to hear from former Office of Management and Budget directors Alice Rivlin and Jim Nussle.
Fix the Debt is building a broad coalition that includes a growing list of active partners working closely with the campaign. We are also bringing together a diverse group of stakeholders representing a number of issue areas -- from healthcare to technology -- who are deeply interested in how we address the debt and want a seat at the table. Fix the Debt will convene regular gatherings to hear multiple viewpoints and search for common ground.
The next Debtfast will be either November 14 or 15. To learn more about partnering with Fix the Debt, visit here.
- The Other Deadline 04/16/2014
- Congress Needs an Extension on Tax Reform 04/15/2014
- New Budget Numbers Tell the Same Story, We Still Need… 04/14/2014
- Lots of Budget Plans, But Little Agreement on A Way… 04/14/2014
- Citizen Leaders Raise Their Voices 04/08/2014