All the difficulty in reaching a fiscal cliff agreement could drive one to visit the nearest watering hole. But you don’t have to go to such an establishment to benefit from the wit and wisdom of the classic know-it-all barfly, Cliff Clavin, from the TV show Cheers, thanks to the “Fiscal Cliff Clavin” meme.
Fiscal Cliff Clavin delivers facts about the cliff as well as some jibes. If that isn’t enough fiscal cliff knowledge, you can get more at FiscalCliff.org.
The facts are definitely needed as there’s lots of misinformation out there, such as the myth that alternatives to the fiscal cliff like the Simpson-Bowles and Domenici-Rivlin plans would hit the poor harder. The bar graph below illustrates that this is not the case.
The last call for the fiscal cliff is upon us. Can we avoid a hangover?
- The Other Deadline 04/16/2014
- Congress Needs an Extension on Tax Reform 04/15/2014
- New Budget Numbers Tell the Same Story, We Still Need… 04/14/2014
- Lots of Budget Plans, But Little Agreement on A Way… 04/14/2014
- Citizen Leaders Raise Their Voices 04/08/2014