All the difficulty in reaching a fiscal cliff agreement could drive one to visit the nearest watering hole. But you don’t have to go to such an establishment to benefit from the wit and wisdom of the classic know-it-all barfly, Cliff Clavin, from the TV show Cheers, thanks to the “Fiscal Cliff Clavin” meme.
Fiscal Cliff Clavin delivers facts about the cliff as well as some jibes. If that isn’t enough fiscal cliff knowledge, you can get more at FiscalCliff.org.
The facts are definitely needed as there’s lots of misinformation out there, such as the myth that alternatives to the fiscal cliff like the Simpson-Bowles and Domenici-Rivlin plans would hit the poor harder. The bar graph below illustrates that this is not the case.
The last call for the fiscal cliff is upon us. Can we avoid a hangover?
- The Party’s Over 03/05/2014
- President’s Fiscal Year 2015 Budget, the Good and the Bad 03/05/2014
- White House Budget; What Should Be In It? 03/03/2014
- New Plan Moves Tax Reform Forward 02/26/2014
- Retreating on Military Retirement Reform 02/25/2014