As many of us rushed to file our tax returns on Tuesday, forgotten was another April 15 deadline. And our representatives dropped the ball on that one.
While the rest of us labored to meet today’s tax filing deadline, lawmakers have not been so diligent in improving the tax code.
New budget numbers are out, but the story remains the same as it has been as of late: deficits will drop over the next couple of years, only to return to trillion-dollar levels within ten years.
There was lots of talk last week about the budget, but there was little movement towards bipartisan agreement on a way forward for the country.
Americans have a lot to say about the nation’s fiscal outlook and what it means to them. Through Fix the Debt, their voices are being heard.
- The Other Deadline 04/16/2014
- Congress Needs an Extension on Tax Reform 04/15/2014
- New Budget Numbers Tell the Same Story, We Still Need… 04/14/2014
- Lots of Budget Plans, But Little Agreement on A Way… 04/14/2014
- Citizen Leaders Raise Their Voices 04/08/2014